skip to main content

photo of a couple reviewing their finances

Elect or Change Your PIP Contributions

If you are enrolled in the Personal Investment Plan (PIP) and wish to change your before-tax, Roth or after-tax contributions, you must complete a Contribution Election form and submit it to your employer.

United Methodist Church (UMC) Clergy and Lay Employees

To download a form, please click on the form name below associated with your organization.

Other Employees

Contact your plan administrator directly to change your contribution election.

  • African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church
  • Global Methodist Church (GMC)
  • Other plan sponsors
  • Disaffiliated churches

For guidance on how much to contribute to PIP to meet your retirement goals, contact EY Financial Planning Services*.


If you are not enrolled in PIP, follow these steps:

  1. Find out if your employer sponsors PIP.

    • If you are employed by a local UMC church, your UMPIP plan sponsor is normally that church; in some cases, however, especially for clergy, it could be the UMC annual conference.
    • If your employer/salary-paying unit does not sponsor PIP, encourage them to contact Wespath.

  2. Contact your employer to request a PIP Enrollment Kit.

  3. Complete, sign and return the Enrollment form to your employer.

If you need assistance, call Wespath at 1-800-851-2201.

* EY Financial Planning Services are available to active Wespath participants and surviving spouses with account balances, and to retired and terminated participants with account balances of at least $10,000. Costs are included in Wespath’s operating expenses that are paid for by the funds.