Elect or Change Your PIP Contributions
If you are enrolled in the Personal Investment Plan (PIP) and wish to change your before-tax, Roth or after-tax contributions, you must complete a Contribution Election form and submit it to your employer.
Contact your plan administrator directly to change your contribution election.
- African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church
- Global Methodist Church (GMC)
- Other plan sponsors
- Disaffiliated churches
For guidance on how much to contribute to PIP to meet your retirement goals, contact EY Financial Planning Services*.
If you are not enrolled in PIP, follow these steps:
Find out if your employer sponsors PIP.
- If you are employed by a local UMC church, your UMPIP plan sponsor is normally that church; in some cases, however, especially for clergy, it could be the UMC annual conference.
- If your employer/salary-paying unit does not sponsor PIP, encourage them to contact Wespath.
Contact your employer to request a PIP Enrollment Kit.
Complete, sign and return the Enrollment form to your employer.
If you need assistance, call Wespath at 1-800-851-2201.
* EY Financial Planning Services are available to active Wespath participants and surviving spouses with account balances, and to retired and terminated participants with account balances of at least $10,000. Costs are included in Wespath’s operating expenses that are paid for by the funds.