Roll Your Retirement Savings into UMPIP
Many people have more than one retirement account. If you are one of them, it’s time to consider consolidating your retirement savings. Your responsible choice, Wespath Benefits and Investments (Wespath), offers an easy way to roll over money from most retirement accounts—including IRAs and prior employer plans—into the United Methodist Personal Investment Plan (UMPIP).
Rolling all your retirement accounts into UMPIP allows you to track your investments online or on a single account statement and makes it easier to:
- Evaluate your retirement readiness—view your entire retirement savings at a glance
- Allocate your retirement account investments—instead of having to do so for each retirement account, do it for only ONE
It’s easy to consolidate your retirement assets:
- Complete Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the UMPIP Incoming Rollover Form.
- Include a photocopy of your latest statement(s) for the account(s) you want to roll over into UMPIP.
- Include a completed distribution form from each of your prior retirement accounts, if required from the financial institution.
- Return these documents to Wespath, and we’ll take it from there.
If you have questions or need help, call Wespath at 1-800-851-2201 and ask to be transfered to the Retirement Services Team. Representatives are available Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Central time.
Beyond Wespath’s proven long-term track record, here are some things to consider:
- Autopilot solutions—LifeStage Investment Management and LifeStage Retirement Income are offered at no additional cost.1
- Comprehensive financial guidance—EY Financial Planning Services are available at no additional cost.1,2
- Clergy housing allowance preservation—Rollovers out of a Wespath-administered plan may not be eligible for the housing allowance exclusion.
- Sustainable investment—We promote environmental stewardship, human rights and sound corporate governance to create long-term value.
- Expenses—Compare our investing costs with other plans and IRAs.
- Flexible retiree loans—Retirees can take a loan from account balances instead of a taxable distribution.
- Customer-focused approach—We provide services tailored to your needs.
1Costs for EY Financial Planning and LifeStage services are included in Wespath’s operating expenses that are paid for by the funds.
2 EY Financial Planning Services are available to active participants and surviving spouses with account balances, and to retired and terminated participants with account balances of at least $10,000.
The investment funds are neither insured nor guaranteed by the U.S. government. For more information about the funds, please see the Investment Funds Description. Historical returns are not indicative of future performance.