Introducing The Saving Grace Financial Curriculum—a biblically-based, Wesleyan tool that can help you and your congregation members reach personal financial goals!
This 4-hour Introductory Event will:
- acquaint you with the curriculum,
- provide the text and tools you need to address the topics of saving, earning, giving, spending, and debt,
- offer helpful strategies for achieving a sustainable financial life for you, but also…
- inspire you to host the six-week curriculum in your congregation and as an outreach opportunity to your community.
By attending, you will:
- Walk through each section of the curriculum so you can see the content, hear how it’s been facilitated and feel more confident in either attending a more in-depth six week session for yourself OR offering this as a fall program opportunity for your congregation members.
- Receive Continuing Education Units (CEU’s), and
- Be entered into participation drawings for lots of great things!
Please note: You will not be required to provide or offer any personal reflections or financial information.
Come join us, and invite a friend along, too (someone who might be willing to lead or co-lead this at your local church / organization)!
Dates and Times
The Saving Grace Financial Curriculum – Introductory Event will takes place:
- Monday, July 26, from noon to 4:00 p.m., Central time.
Registration and Fee
The registration deadline for the July 26 event is July 20.
Registration cost is just:
- $15 for the first person and includes one workbook
Each additional person is just $10 more and all registrants will receive a workbook.
Additional Saving Grace Financial Curriculum materials are available for order.
The link to attend virtually will be sent to you within one week of the event date from Margaret Sanders, Meeting and Event Planner.
How to View and Participate
You will receive the link to attend virtually within one week of the event.
- You can “attend” by smartphone or computer—so you can participate from anywhere!
- A web camera is not necessary for the event but will be helpful for the breakout sessions as you will be able to see the other attendees at your breakout table. The ability to be visible at the table with your table guests will help your session be more interactive and engaging. You will also be able to interact via chat and polling opportunities.
Special Offerings / Opportunities
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) awarded for attending this event. This certificate will provided to you via email after the completion of the event.
- Participation Drawings – just for attending this event, your name will be added to a “hat” and four people will be awarded at each event. If you would like to not participate, please let us know through the registration process.
Schedule for Monday, July 26
12:00 p.m. CST—Event Starts
- Welcome and Opening Prayer
- Introductory Remarks
- Highlight of Sessions:
- All Manner of Good
- Tracking Expenses and Income
- Giving and Saving
- Understanding and Eliminating Debt
- Adjusting the Spending Plan
- Review of the Clergy Workbook Sessions
- Delivering the Session at Your Congregation / Organization
- Tools, Resources, Support
4:00 p.m. CST—Event Ends
- Closing Prayer and Sending Forth
Meet the Presentation Team!
Presentation Team for Monday, July 26
- The Reverend Cary James, Senior Pastor, Sharp Street UMC, Baltimore-Washington Conference
- Janet Jamieson, CFO / Treasurer, General Board of Discipleship
- Susan Salley, Associate Publisher, United Methodist Publishing House
- The Reverend Dr. Katharine Yarnell, Executive Director, Iowa UM Foundation
Rev. Cary James, Jr.
Rev. Dr. Katharine Yarnell