Healthy Recipe: Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
This game day, give a cheer for the health benefits of cauliflower! This inexpensive vegetable has dozens of vitamins and minerals, with significant amounts of vitamins C and K. It’s also a source of fiber and antioxidants. And at just 25 calories per cup (yes, cup!) you are reducing the calories and fat in almost any recipe where it is used as a substitution. It substitutes for chicken in this popular game day dish.
Ingredients (lower fat options in parenthesis):
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, sliced (low-fat)
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (part-skim)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup Ranch dressing (low-fat or no-fat)
- 1 cup hot sauce (most are very low calorie)
- 1 cup sour cream (plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Dice cauliflower. Heat pan on stove and add cauliflower and water. Cook, stirring often, until cauliflower is soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a baking dish and add remaining ingredients. Stir until evenly combined.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheeses are completely melted and the edges of the dip start to brown.
- Serve with carrots, celery sticks and chips of your choice (or low-fat crackers)