Required Annual Disclosure to Church Plan Participants
Retirement plans administered by Wespath are church plans that are not subject to registration, regulation or reporting under:
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA)
- The Investment Company Act of 1940
- The Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- The Securities Act of 1933
- Title 15 of the United States Code
- State securities laws
Similarly, the administrator and the trustee of the plans and the entities maintaining any investment funds under the plans are not subject to the provisions of those acts or laws. Therefore, any protections offered by those provisions do not apply to Wespath plans.
From the January 2019 issue of Hark!