Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) are employer-provided plans covering a variety of support services around emotional well-being. EAPs offer confidential counseling and support to help manage issues in your personal or professional life that may impact your work, family and ministry.
EAPs provide counseling services and work/life services to help balance work and personal responsibilities. You can call your EAP for help with:
- Conflict resolution at work
- Emotional impact of living with a chronic or serious illness, or caring for an ailing family member
- Finding child care or elder care in your community
- Maintaining boundaries between professional life and personal life
- Marital and family satisfaction
- Legal matters, such as wills and adoption
- Stress, anxiety or depression
- Substance abuse
The HealthFlex Plans offered by Wespath include an EAP provided by United Behavioral Health/Optum Health. The Optum® Live and Work Well EAP can be accessed online, by phone and in-person at no cost to participants and dependents. You can also download the myLiveandworkwell mobile app to learn about EAP services and locate providers.
How to Access Your Employee Assistance Program
How to Get Help
Services are confidential. Annual conferences and employers will not know if you choose to use the EAP.
- HealthFlex EAP participants: Log in to the HealthFlex/WebMD website, click on “My HealthFlex Benefits” and choose “Live and Work Well.” Or call United Behavioral Health directly at 1-800-788-5614 with any questions.
- Non-HealthFlex participants: Many UMC annual conferences provide EAPs through existing health plans or separately through independent network providers. Review your employee benefits for more information.