Retirement Services & Programs
For over 100 years, Wespath Benefits and Investments (Wespath) has been the only retirement investment organization dedicated specifically to serving The United Methodist Church.
With more than $17 billion in assets under management, Wespath is the largest denominational pension fund and one of the top 100 pension funds in the U.S.
The combination of competitive investment returns with values reflecting the concerns of our participants makes us the most responsible investment choice for UMC plan sponsors and individuals. This applies during the years of service as well as after retirement.
Our responsible investment philosophy assures those who invest with us will experience:
• Responsibility to offer high-quality investment options. The returns delivered by Wespath investment funds historically have yielded strong investment returns compared with mutual funds with similar investments.
• Responsibility to manageability, with administrative fees lower than those charged by most mutual funds with similar investments, and no front-end loads or back-end fees.
• Responsibility to socially responsible investing (SRI), screening undesirable companies and advocating for environmental stewardship, human and workers’ rights, access to health care, and sound corporate governance among the companies we invest in.
• Responsibility to social stewardship Wespath uses the Positive Social Purpose Lending Program to promote affordable housing, community development and expanded loan opportunities for poor communities around the world. We do this all while earning a market rate of return appropriate to the risk assumed.
• Responsibility to investment education and financial advice, with the goal of equipping and empowering every participant to make the most informed investment decisions. Wespath has arranged to provide eligible participants with financial planning assistance from EY, a leading global professional services firm, at no additional cost to you.
• Responsibility to provide leading-edge services, including LifeStage Investment Management Service. LifeStage can automatically invest your accounts in Wespath investment funds at no additional charge to you.
We believe you will find our approach refreshing, knowing you can have great returns without sacrificing your values.